Safety Handrails - Hewi Ultramid Nylon
Hewi handrails are made with nylon (Ultramid)
tube so there are no lengthwise seams. It has a smooth, non-porous surface which
is resistant to cosmetics and does not support bacteria or dust. The round
closed forms and concealed fastenings provide surfaces which do not accumulate
dirt and the nylon is easily cleaned with a damp cloth.
Our products integrate clean design, high quality materials
and functional precision. The colors and finishes available assure the
possibility of matching or contrasting with individual color choices now and for
many years in the future.
Continuous load bearing
steel core to the wall.
1 5/16" (33mm) diameter or 1 9/16" (40mm) diameter.
Call or email Gary to get
pricing on your handrail project.
- Ultramid nylon retains its brilliant finish even after many years of
- Colored throughout, ultramid nylon will not fade, tarnish or rust.
- Ultramid nylon is extremely strong, impact resistant & flexible. It
will not become hard and brittle, or soft and elastic.
- The material has a smooth, non-porous surface which will not support
bacteria or attract dust.
- Easily cleaned with a damp cloth. Abrasive or chemical cleaning agents
should be avoided.
- Ultramid nylon does not transmit static electric shocks or extreme
changes in temperature; nylon is warm to the touch.
- Nylon is environmentally correct. It can be recycled and in case of fire
the ultramid nylon surface does not produce any toxic or caustic gases.